BANDWAGON 4! WIN THE MAY 2013 COVER AND FEATURE STORY, AND $10,000 CASH. 2ND PLACE RECEIVES $2000 AND 3RD PLACE RECEIVES $1000!!
1. The Bandwagon contest is open to any kind of original musical act. It is free to enter!
2. All performers and/or band members must be at least 21 years old.
3. All artists must be available to perform at the Bandwagon final live concert on Saturday March 23rd 2013.
4. All events will be held at the LAVA ROOM at RESERVE CASINO HOTEL in CENTRAL CITY.
5. All artists entering the Bandwagon4 Contest, including the band members individually, must at the time of registration be unsigned and not subject to any exclusive or non-exclusive recording or phonograph record-distribution agreements, or only signed to independent records labels which are not distributed by so-called “major” record labels (currently Sony/BMG, Universal, Warner Brothers, Capitol/EMI/Virgin, and any labels regularly distributed by any of these companies).
6. In the event of inclement weather, event(s) will be rescheduled.
ALL ARTISTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO GET 40+ FANS TO THE EVENT. IF YOU CAN GET 40+ FANS TO RSVP, WE WILL PROVIDE YOU A BUS FROM DENVER TO CENTRAL CITY AND BACK. ALL FANS WILL NEED TO PAY $10 FOR THE BUS RIDE, (cheaper than gas!) and will also RECEIVE A FREE DRINK voucher.
If you decide to drive to the event, it is very simple to get to and there is tons of free parking at the RESERVE CASINO HOTEL in CENTRAL CITY. See the maps below:
HOW TO ENTER/VOTE:
- ARTISTS: To participate, bands (or performers) must ENTER AT www.ColoradoMusicBuzz.com. Colorado Music Buzz is not responsible for inaccurate information.
- There is no cost to enter. There is no cost to vote and hey, VOTING HAS STARTED!!
- FANS/VOTERS: To vote for your favorite artist, simply visit www.coloradomusicbuzz.com. You will be emailed a verification email.
- You may only vote once. All votes are IP tracked and votes will be taken away if abuse is detected or reported.
- A select number of tickets will be available for the opening round, semi-finals and final live concerts. The announcement of the winners will be done at the end of the concert on March 23rd 2013. All fans receiving a live Bandwagon4 event ticket to any of the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final concert will get to cast a vote the night of the each show. Entry is accepted the day of the event pending the event is not sold out. These events will be sold out so get your tickets early.
- After the online voting period, which the top 15 online vote getting bands/artists are selected plus 15 at large bands/artists, the voting slate is then wiped clean. The artists must collect fan votes at the live concert events to move on to the semi- finals and finals. No votes will be carried over so everyone in the final 30 has equal opportunity to win.
The Bandwagon Contest is geared towards you, the artist, working to get the most fan votes possible. The ones that gather up street teams, work the audiences, and use social media networks will have the best chance at winning.
- Voting online is 100% Fan Driven.
- Voting First Round is 100% Fan Driven. (6 Shows – 5 Bands with 3 advancing form each show). Second Round is 6 Shows- 3 Bands Each. 90% Fan Vote 10% Music Industry Judges.
- Finals are a 6 Band Event with 50% Fan Voting and 50% Celebrity Industry Judging.
NO BUY-INS, just your hard work and incredible performance will win!
1. All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward other participating musicians. Participants who fail to respect other musicians will be subject to disqualification.
2. It is a good idea to tell your family and friends not to lobby Music Buzz on your artist’s behalf. This does not help (and can actually hurt if CMB get too annoyed).
3. Bands that must withdraw from the competition must inform Colorado Music Buzz in writing by December 20th.
4. Any notice or indication of false votes or illegal tactics to achieving votes is grounds for disqualification.
5. All magazine cover art submitted is discretionary and may be omitted based on poor taste, content or perceived value.
6. The artist agrees that it may be disqualified immediately from the competition if the act (or any member thereof) commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely reflect on the Bandwagon Contest, Colorado Music Buzz, or any party furnishing a prize, or tend to bring it into public disrepute.
7. All public vote tallies are final.
SCHEDULING AND ORDER OF PERFORMANCE:
- All shows will be at the LAVA ROOM in RESERVE CASINO HOTEL in CENTRAL CITY.
- First, second and third place prizes will be awarded in cash that night.
- Each artist will have 30 minutes to perform, so plan your song list accordingly.
- You will be required to perform at the quarter-final, semi-final and final event to win.
- The performance schedule at each event will be picked at random.
- October 15th – November 30th – Online Voting
- December 5th - Opening announcement for bands/show schedule and lineups.
- Opening Round - January 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, and 26 with 5 bands each show begins at 8:30 – 3 Bands advance each night thru live fan vote.
- Round 2 - February 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23 with 3 bands each show 75% Live vote and 25% Music Industry Judging. One band advances from each show
- Final - Saturday March 23rd – 6 Bands – 50% Celebrity/Industry Judging – 50% Fan Vote
- 15,000+ Facebook fans
- 8000 Newsletter email sign-up fans
- Timed press releases to mass media
- Print promotion in Colorado Music Buzz Magazine (January 2013-April 2013)
- Web promotion: ColoradoMusicBuzz.com, MusicBuzzTube.com 30+ online calendars, Twitter, Facebook
- QR code flyering program
- Top 30 bands/artists will be featured
- Top 18 semi-final bands/artists will be featured
- Top 6 final bands will be featured
WHY AREN’T YOU ON THE COVER and $10,000 RICHER?
LET THE FANS DECIDE!